healthchecks.kydara.com is a service for monitoring cron jobs and similar periodic processes:
- healthchecks.kydara.com listens for HTTP requests ("pings") from services being monitored.
- It keeps silent as long as pings arrive on time.
- It raises an alert as soon as a ping does not arrive on time.
healthchecks.kydara.com works as a dead man's switch for processes that need to
run continuously or on regular, known schedule. For example:
- filesystem backups, database backups
- task queues
- database replication status
- report generation scripts
- periodic data import and sync jobs
- periodic antivirus scans
- DDNS updater scripts
- SSL renewal scripts
healthchecks.kydara.com is not the right tool for:
- monitoring website uptime by probing it with HTTP requests
- collecting application performance metrics
- error tracking
- log aggregation